Las Vegas mass shooting: Clueless cops turn to gunman's girlfriend

Police also told a news conference on Wednesday that 317 of the 489 people injured in the Las Vegas shooting had been discharged from hospitals and the death toll of 59, including gunman Stephen Paddock, remained the same. But it's happening every single day in this country. She is a good and gentle person.

The police have said she is not a suspect. "We could do more extensive background checks".

Clark County Sheriff Joseph Lombardo said Paddock began shooting at the Route 91 Harvest Music Festival from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Hotel and Casino Sunday night at 10:05 p.m. and continued for 10 minutes. Fifty-eight people died and about 500 others were wounded as a result of the shooting.

But he said Paddock's motivations and whether there were any possible accomplices remained a mystery.

Media reports said Danley was born in the Philippines, although the Philippine foreign department and Suarez said they could not confirm that.

Just before the shooting, Paddock sent Danley to her native country to visit family.

"It never occurred to me in any way whatsoever that he was planning violence against anyone", Marilou Danley said. She said that Mr Paddock had sent her on a trip the trip overseas, and then wired her $100,000 - which concerned her because she thought that it might mean he was breaking up with her.

The girlfriend of the Las Vegas shooter met with Federal Bureau of Investigation agents in Los Angeles Wednesday afternoon.

The FBI are continuing to question Paddock's girlfriend Marilou Danley, who became a "person of interest" in the case.

Investigators will try to confirm that and why there were more than 100 suspicious activity reports of large cash transfers overseas and deposits in US banks. She has pledged to "cooperate fully" with the probe, offering her help in any way, and requested privacy for both her and her family. "Because Steve is not here to talk anymore, only Marilou can maybe help", the Danley's sister added.

U.S. officials said that Dley, who was in Philippines at time of attack, arrived in Los Angeles, where it was met by Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) officials.